How to Become a Kaua‘i Made® Member
The Kaua‘i Made Program
Kauaʻi Made® is an initiative that was created by the Kaua‘i Office of Economic Development in 2005 to showcase the variety of local goods the garden isle produces. In order for a business to register their product through Kauaʻi Made®, they must themselves be a resident of and source most or all of their materials from the island.
Kaua‘i Made® showcases a range of products like Mailelani’s, which is famous for its manapua bag; RKL Ranch known for its locally sourced beef chips, Hanalei Spirits, a brand-new company that offers vodka, rum, and more.
How to Become a Member
1. GET YOUR PAPERWORK TOGETHER
Application is now online at https://connect.kauai.gov. If you don’t already have a Connect account, you will need to create a free account for access to the files. The Kaua‘i Made® Application form can be found under the Office of Economic Development section.
Make sure you have your GE Tax # and State Tax Clearance which you will need to upload when completing your application.
2. SCHEDULE AN INTERVIEW
This is a talk story presenting your product
- How you create
- What you use
3. IF ACCEPTED
- You are verified as a Kaua‘i Made product
- Complete enrollment form
- Pay your fees (annual: $50 for product, $75 for retail)
4. WHAT YOU GET AS A MEMBER
- Access to the Kaua‘i Made website for your products
- $15,000 of advertising yearly to push buyers to the website to find you
- Use of the Kauaʻi Made logo
- Access to Members Only Kaua‘i Made events
- Annual Kauaʻi Made Shopping Guide Placement
- 5,000 Distributed around the island each year
- Featured in rotational Lihu‘e Airport Display
- Periodic invites to resort group functions
- Access to Kaua‘i Made Stickers, Tags… for cost
- Office of Economic Development business watch and notification list for business education and support programs
QUESTIONS ABOUT BECOMING A MEMBER?
Call the Office of Economic Development at (808) 241-4946.